Advertisement Module For WHMCS Print this Article
Advertisement Module For WHMCS will allow you to utilize empty spaces on your website or WHMCS by renting it as a banner spot to your Clients. The system is easy to use and provides you with all the tools you could ever need. You will be able to place the banner slots anywhere you want, and if needed group them so that your customer can purchase multiple spots at the same time. Thanks to the statistics your clients will be able to keep track on how many clicks and views their product has gained each month.
Below we will explain how to properly install and configure our Customer Questionnaire Module for WHMCS starting from the basics.
- Download The module - To get the package, log in to your Client Area and Press "Download". You can also find your licence there. You will need it later during module activation.
- Upload the file to your main WHMCS directory and then extract it.
- Once Extracted you will need to activate the module in your WHMCS system. To do that simply log in as an administrator, then go to 'Setup' -> 'Addon Modules'. Once there you should see a list of available modules. If everything was installed correctly then you should see among them our 'Advertisement Module' module.
- Now you need to activate and configure the module. First click 'Activate' Which will unlock 'Configure' button. In there you will need to input your licence that we have mentioned in first step, email address and select administrator groups that will be able to use the module.
And that is all. You have just successfully installed and configured your Automated Domain List Module.
Configuration and management
Now since we have it activated and it is working nicely, it would be a good idea to know what tools do you have at your disposal. To do that we will need to go to the management section in 'Addon' -> 'Advertisement Module'.
In this section you can View, Edit and Create new "Slots" for the banners. Then you can implement them on your sites, WHMCS or where ever you want. Once they are connected with the product you can start selling them with ease. Each has two options available:
Edit - Allows you to modify the banner slot and change its properties.
Integration Code - This section shows you ready to use integration code that you need to place on your site. Once that is done the sloty will be activated and will display the placeholder first and then the banners that your Clients purchase.
1.1. Creating New Banner Slot
When creating new slot you have following options available:
- Name - Friendly name that is for you to recognize the slots easily
- Description - Additional description to keep more information like location or product refference
- Height - Height of the banner slot
- Width - Width of the banner slot
- Split - This option allows you to choose if the banner spot can be split to contain two banners and how the split should be made, Horizontally or vertically
- Full Banner Placeholder - Placeholder image for your banner displayed only if there are no other active banners in place. You can place there encouragement with text like "Promote your business here!"
- Full Banner URL - This is the URL for the full size placeholder. Once you have an image in place you can add here direct link to this banner in the cart so your Clients will be able to get there and purchase the banner spot immediately.
- Half banner Placeholder - This placeholder will be used only for split banners. So for example if one of your Clients buys half of a slot, the second half (if nothing else is available) will be filled with your placeholder
- Half Banner URL - This is the URL for split placeholder. Works exactly the same way as the previous one
Once you design the spot you have to save the changes.
1.2. Implementing the banner
Once the slot is ready to be used you need to implement it on your site. Doing that is simple, but to achieve certain results like placing it in particular place on your site you might need someone with experience in designing websites. But for to test if it works I will explain you a simple way of adding it in your WHMCS home page. To do so follow those steps:
- Once you have banner slot ready click Integration code. For this example even though we do this in WHMCS you can use HTML Integration Code
- Log in to your server and go to .../[your_whmcs]/templates/[active_template_name]/ and edit homepage.tpl
- Go to the bottom of the file and simply paste there your integration code
- Save file and check the result in the client area home. You should be able to see your placeholder in a banner slot there.
Please keep mind that as mentioned previously this is simple integration script. If you want it in a certain position you will need to make neccesary change in the file as well.
This section is where all banners uploaded or changed by Client will appear. As an administrator you need to verify if the content and link are appropriate for your business. Once you do that you can either accept the banner or decline it. Without this step completed the User will not be able to use this banner in his campaign.
This section shows you overall statistics of clicks and views from each month and year. You can see this way if the tendency is rising or droping and plan your strategy accordingly based on that.
This section shows you the Cron command that you need to add in order for the module to work properly. We suggest to set it ro run every 5 minutes, but you can execute it even every minute.
5. Product Configuration
Since having a bunch of placeholders on your site is not why you have bought our module, it is now time to prepare proper product for your Clients. To do that create new product and in Module settings tab choose 'WEB Frigate Advertisement' from the 'Module name' dropdown. Once you do that the following sections will appear:
- Product Type- This allows you to select define how this product. You can choose:
- Bundle - A predefined package with certain amount of clicks andviews available
- Custom - A package with custm fields that will allow your Clients to specify how many resources they wantto purchase. The configurable options will be generated automatically once you save the product. Remember to change the default settings for pricing and limits in the configurable options menu otherwise the price will be 0!
- Time - This model is charged by the number of days it will be displayed rather than resource usage. This is a good option to be used in creating premium packages
- Banner Holder - This section allows you to choose prevoiously created Banner Slot that this product will use. You have following options here
- Banner Holder - One of the available banner slots from the addon
- Max upload size - Maximum size of the uploaded banner
- Half Banner - This option appears only if the Holder you selected allows for splitted display. If you select this option you will be selling only half of the slot area.
- Priority Banner - This is very important option so be carefull when you use it. Client that purchases Product with this option selected will have his banner ALWAYS displayed as long as he has the resourcess available. This means that even if you have other products selling access to this banner slot, they will be not displayed as long as the priority banner is active. We suggest to use it with smaller much more expensive products as a premium option or as half of the banner.
- Pricing - The prices here will define cost of the additional packages as well as the credit billing. The prices displayed will apply to credit billing, but in case of additional packages the price will be decreased by the discount percentage value. This should encourage clients topurchase packages rather than using credit Charging.
- Credit Charging - This option enables credit charging for the product with the default daily limit. If the client runs out of resourcess and has this option selected then the system will use his credits in whmcs to keep displaying the ad. As long as he has some credits left and he did not exceed daily limit his banner will be displayed.
And that is all you need to know to setup your banners in WHMCS with our product.
Was this answer helpful?
About Customer Questionnaire ModuleCustomer Questionnaire Module Will allow you to to gather the...
About Invoice Backup ModuleInvoice Backup Module will automatically prepare daily backup of all...
About Newsletter System For WHMCS Newsletter System For WHMCS as name sugests is a tool that...
About Order Verification ModuleOrder Verification Addon For WHMCS gives you the tool to properly...
Product Description For Invoices About Product Description For Invoices This module will...